- 1 Best Budget 4 Season Tent 2018 – Buying Guide
- 1.1 What is a 4-Season Tent?
- 1.2 What is the Best Budget 4 Season Tent?
- 1.3 Top Best Budget 4 Season Tent On The Market
- 1.4 What To Consider When Selecting A Four-Season Tent
- 1.5 Top 10 Best Budget 4 Season Tents Reviewed
- 1.5.1 1. Hilleberg Tarra 2 Camping Tent
- 1.5.2 2. Mountain Hardwear Trango 2
- 1.5.3 3. Black Diamond Eldorado
- 1.5.4 4. MSR Access 2
- 1.5.5 5. Luxe Tempo 2 4-Season Tent
- 1.5.6 6. Black Diamond Fitzroy
- 1.5.7 7. Alps Mountaineering Tasmanian
- 1.5.8 8. Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Tent mtnGLO – 1 Person (Gray)
- 1.5.9 9. Geertop Four Season Backpacking Tent
Best Budget 4 Season Tent 2018 – Buying Guide
What is a 4-Season Tent?
The best budget 4 season tent is a must-have if you usually go outdoors. As the name states, is an outdoor tent made for the four seasons as it can be used all year round but most opt to use it for winter, specifically snow time purposes, because of its strong and firm structure withstand wind, much heavier loads both on top and the sides. It’s an all-season tent compared to the light-weight three-season tent which though very useful is unable to withstand the harshness of winter times.
The four-season tents have wind resistant rigid exoskeleton bearing steeply angled sides, comprising of one or two-layer walls to withstand extreme weathers. The tent is used for outdoor camping in summer, winter, spring, and autumn. So, for front and backyard camping this tent is good and if camping in the mountains, woods they are simply the best keeping you intact, free from outside weather and most definitely cosy to snuggle in. They can withstand snow, hail, ice, and high winds. Their walls are often built entirely on mesh free instead of using a polyester of nylon to trap some body heat and block out gusty wind, with poles, proper sections for framing, ventilation, rain-fly or vestibule, pins as well as inward fording flaps.
What is the Best Budget 4 Season Tent?
Having known what a four-season tent is, what is the best tent available suiting your camping, outdoor adventures or mountain trekking? There are lots of brands out there satisfying different people’s desires and preferences but, here are the top best that would be recommended for you to opt for should you be in search and in need of one.
Top Best Budget 4 Season Tent On The Market
4. MSR Access 2
The above are the ones we shall singly have a look at explaining how each brand stands unique from the other pointing out what best you would expect from the tent of your preference needing to suit your taste.
However, first things first, what are the things to look into before buying a four-season tent of your choice?
What To Consider When Selecting A Four-Season Tent
- The price of the tent and the brand.
- The design best suits your taste.
- Durability of the tent.
- Who it’s intended for: adults, kids or teenagers.
- It’s intended purpose: Outdoor camping, forest camping, mountain trekking or snow, rain or windy weather camping in the high mountainous areas.
- The Number of people to be accommodated.
- Size and storage purposes: The bigger the tent the bigger the storage and vice versa. Storage vestibules and Interior Pockets. Size floor area and peak height.
- Length, width, and height, ventilation and condensation.
- Ease of set-up; Not too complicated, not too tedious to pull up a structure.
- Size, quantity, quality and design of framework poles.
- Quality of cords, ropes, pins, and others.
- Double walls or Single Walls, Stakes, and Snow Anchors.
- Silnylon or Polyurethane.
Having known all that, let’s have a look at each of the tent brands and see what to expect from each of them pertaining to your requirements and the tent of your preference’s intended purpose.
Top 10 Best Budget 4 Season Tents Reviewed
One of the best brands in the industry, Hillberg designed this model best for wind and rain and though pricey they deserve to be anyone’s top pick recommended for all-rounder for a more general camping audience. Designed for the more dedicated campers braving the element, the Jannu is for two persons, the aerodynamic low profile keeps the gustiest winds skimming over the top of the tent. The tent is magnificent at resistance to snow loading and in Himalayan kind of snow storms with quick pitch time possibly keeping you safe once inside. It is ideal for two people comprising of separate inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching, requires four pegs for pitching making it easy to pitch up and remarkably stable. It has one single entrance with vestibule configuration for ease of entrance and is capable of withstanding heavy storm conditions, has easy storage and is designed for short and long trips in less harsh environments and all conditions in all four seasons. It is a reliable lightweight suiting most hikers.
- Two-person tent, single entrance, Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric, and 9mm poles
- High Bathtub Floor keeping out groundwater, adjustable vents accessible both inside and out, linked but separable inner and outer tent, two integrated storage pockets, larze zipper flaps, fabric-backed asymmetric mesh door, 20 V-pegs included.
- Lifetime warranty against defects in material and craftsmanship.
- Lightweight, easy to carry.
- Is an all-season tent for windy and rainy conditions, designed for two.
- Good for short and long trips, has easy storage, easy to pitch.
- Expensive, not strong enough to withstand very harsh conditions.
It is the Top Pick for extended trips and expedition use proving itself durable and strong in the harshest of conditions atop the world’s most-highest mountains. It’s a type of tent strong enough to withstand the harshness of stormy weather during long-haul adventuring and its high and spacious vestibule makes it a favorite model to cook in and the most spacious. The Mountain Hardwear Trango offers rock-solid protection from the wind and snow and proves to be truly reliable when it comes to usage. It is believed to be one of the best mountain adventuring type tent that hardly would come to let you down for it’s built resistance to survive strong weather. It’s a type of tent best suiting the mountaineers seeking a bombproof shelter caring less about carrying extra luggage. The Mountain Hardwear Trango comes with two doors, huge hooped vestibule, has multiple entry points and ample storage, has been tried for more than two decades and tested almost all over the world in the toughest places proving still most definitely for long days’ provided that you don’t mind carrying the extra luggage it comes along with. It has a deep bathtub floor and a fully taped rain-fly extending down to the ground. It has space for two average sized people but slopping the sides of the tent cuts into its usable space.
- Package Weight: 9 pounds 13 ounces
- Floor dimensions in inches: 92”
- Peak height: 38”
- Floor Area: 40 square feet, 5 square feet rear
- Vestibule Area: 11 square feet
- Number of doors: 2
- Number of Poles: 5
- Strong, durable, most spacious, great pockets.
- Easy setup and packing
- Accommodates two average-sized people but slopping the sides creates space for more.
- Time-tested design surviving proven to survive the world’s harshest conditions.
- Two doors, huge hooped vestibule, decent versality supporting lower elevation.
- Has the most interior floor space.
- Significantly heavy and bulky.
- Inner tent’s door seems to be a little funky and sometimes hard to deal with.
- Handling condensation is done well.
The Black Diamond Eldorado is mountaineering tent possessing trailer weight of 4lbs. 8oz with single walls, a floor area of 30.8 square feet and is compact though of lightweight. It is a classic type of tent with superb and durable build quality us, has been used on Everest expeditions and has been proven over decades of alpine use to be one of the best all-around alpine models. It’s stormy worthy kind of tent enough for trips to places such as Alaska but is still light and compact enough for summertime alpine climbing. It truly comfy for one person and if extra space is needed, a vestibule is available as an add-on to the actual tent cost. For its light-weight, many alpinists opt for it making the tent be the top minimalist four-season tent available on market.
- Trailer weight of 4lbs. 8oz
- Single walls fit only one person.
- Floor area: 30.8 square feet.
- Floor dimensions: 87” x 51”
- Number of Doors: 1
- Number of Poles: 2
- Peak Height in inches:43”
- Vestibule area: 9 square feet
- Bomber, superb durability, compact footprint, lightweight, overall balance of weight, strength and livability is great.
- Best two-pole model survives stormy weather.
- Appropriate for summertime mountaineering light enough for multi-day ski tours.
- Smallest package compared to most.
- Poor ventilation and partially waterproof.
- Harder to pitch than others.
- Poor fabric breathing and poor wind resistance.
4. MSR Access 2
Packaged weight of 4 pounds 1 ounce, with floor space of 29 square feet and vestibule of 17.5 square feet, the MSR Access is a perfect lightweight winter shelter that is appropriate for the shoulder season or mild winter backpacking. It’s a four-season tent meant for backcountry skiers, hikers and split-boarders basically seeking an easy carry shelter for quick overnights in shoulder seasons or mild winter. The MSR Access 2 is a treeline kind of tent, first glance seen to have lots in common with a three-season tent, with double walls comprising of an ultralight and decently strong. As a tent released in 2017, it is two-person tent having two doors and two vestibules and when it comes to the backcountry ski trips when the weather is fairly good, the Access is quite a cool tent worth having in your quiver. It’s a tent that lives for ambitious treks across pristine, freezing landscapes believed to be one of the lightest all-season tent. It effectively holds in body heat and central peak prevents snow build up and has quality brand though at a very high price. Reliable lightweight tent.
- A weight of 4.4 pounds.
- 20D ripstop nylon/10D polyester micromesh canopy.
- 20D ripstop nylon w/1200mm
- DuraShield polyurethane and silicone rainfly, 30D ripstop nylon w/300omm
- 2-person, all season, 29 square feet, Easton Syclone, two poles, two doors.
- Dimensions of 1x1x1 inches.
- Great for backcountry camping.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Survives shoulder weather.
- A capacity of two people.
- Effectively holds in body heat.
- Though for two, not big enough over 5’9”
- Not steep enough walls, too cramped.
A tent to take you through all year long with camping adventures with a design that ensures optimum protection from the elements, it’s exterior being weatherproof offering maximum insulation when you are inside the tent. It comes spacious with its lightweight design and spacious interior and is made of high-density polyester fabric for maximum protection from the elements. It is a high-end expedition tent designed for ultralight backpacking and thru-hiking, featuring lightweight construction and comfortably roomy. Coming with tenacity mesh panels, ultralight fabrics, fully taped silnylon rainfly and tent floor greatly reducing package weight by 1lbs but still supports an enhancement of weather resistance. It’s easy to assemble with sewn instructions in the bag, high-quality aluminum poles, fully taped ripstop fabric, amazing zippers, is waterproof, a footprint is available for attachment, adding warmth and protection to the bottom of the tent.
- Design type: free-standing, two doors, two vestibules with vestibule area of6.8 square feet.
- Sleeping Capacity: 2-person.
- Canopy Fabric: 20-Denier 360T.
- Floor fabric: Taped 30-Denier Ripstop Nylon, footprint fabric included: 210T coated polyester.
- Waterproof, great ventilation, bright colour.
- Excellent value.
- Easy to repack.
- Aluminium poles.
- Footprint must be purchased separately for tent.
Though pricey the Black Diamond Fitzroy is appreciatively rocking solid in construction when the wind blows and snow starts flying. First sold under the Bibler brand, the Black Diamond Fitzroy tent has an outstanding track record of performance in the mountaineering community making it our top pick for single-wall tents.
- Floor area: 36 square feet.
- Weight: 7 pounds 1 ounce.
- Vestibule: 9 square feet, floor dimensions 93”x 60
- Number of doors: two, number of poles: 4
- Pole diameter: 8mm
- Pole material: Easton Aluminium
- Extremely strongly, rock solid construction.
- Design for Alpine mountaineers.
- Extremely spacious
- Either two-person or three-person, self-equalizing guy-lines, tight flap free pitch.
- Bulky even when a single tent, has a low ceiling height considering the floor space and weight.
- Harder than average to set up, expensive, unreliable ventilation.
A treeline tent of trailweight7lbs 7oz, floor area of 34.45square feet comprising of double walls, the Alps Mountaineering Tasmanian four-season tent is of great value especially for being quite roomy. It’s type for bargain hunters to rejoice for seeking for the best four-season tent suiting their choice and preferences coming at a price worth the make. As it stands, being 34.5 square feet, the Alps Mountaineering Tasmanian is the biggest there is of two-person tent models known it’s top mesh vent doing fine work promoting airflow in the tent and also preventing condensation build-up. The tent performs fine in rainy, cold and light to moderate windy seasons and it is not convenient enough to be fully made use of in harsh stormy weather. It uses 7000 series aluminum poles having one continuous pole with hubs end to end an extra to stabilise against strong winds. Also having factory-sealed fly and floor seams.
- It is weatherproof
- Is a two-person tent, centre height of: 46”, vestibule area: 34.5 square feet and packed size of 6.5” x 19”
- Best for bargain hunters.
- Biggest two-person tent model.
- Fine performance in rain, cold and light moderate windy weather.
- Good airflow promotion and prevention of condensation build up.
- Has two doors for entry.
- Is very heavy.
- Difficult to stuff into the included sack.
- Not recommended to be set in tough winter.
Believed to be one of the best-selling, full-featured and ultralight backpacking sheltering tent designed with a high-volume hub maximising strength and increasing living space having no addition of weight. The Big Agnes has single door and vestibule. It’s steep wall construction is what improves the tent’s interior living space Reflective guy-lines and webbing on tent corners, storm flaps on vestibule zipper, its media pockets are located above area of sleep and enabling clear ear bud cord routing from phones and other devices. The Big Agnes weighs 2lbs 12os and is a tent offering great interior space wit high-volume (HV) vertical wall structure and offers greater space than most two-people tent. Though lightweight it is, the Big Agnes is very sturdy and stable. The tent also has cords already set up with a large zipper door with sealed seams makes entrance and exit easy. It also has a double Ripstop Nylon and polyester mesh floor and fly, Ripstop Nylon with PU.
- Single door and vestibule.
- Weight: 2lbs 12oz, number of poles 1, free-standing, clips.
- Steep wall construction and crossover pole improving tent interior space.
- Reflective guy-lines and webbing on tent corners.
- Packed size: 4”x16.5”
- Interior height: 38”, interior mesh pockets and gear loft loops for interior storage.
- Floor area: 20 square feet, the material of the tent
- Floor dimension: 88”x 38”, pole type: DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum.
- Light to carry.
- For two people, sturdy and stable.
- Large zipper door for easy entrance and exit.
- Already set cords reducing work.
- Easy set up.
- No footprint, purchased separately.
- Fit the Triangle Gear Loft sold separately.
It is a tent designed for backpacking for every season use coming with unique internal snow skirt excellent for cold and snowy weather times. Easy to set up in minutes by one person with an inside tent having two huge panels of mesh ventilation. It weighs 5.7lbs coming with double stitched seams, having also 100 percent waterproofing. It is rainproof and very light.
- Two poles of aluminum, Stakes of aluminum, four-season tent, inner tent material of 210T breathable polyester plus high-density fine nylon.
- Floor dimensions: 55 x 83 inch/140 x 210 cm, floor area of 32 square feet. A height of 45.28 inches and a packed weight of 5.7lbs. Fly material: 210D PU5000mm Oxford fabric seam taped.
- Two-person tent.
- Backpacking tent, all season tent, easy setup, great outdoor camping.
- Promotes a return to nature.
- No equipment problem.
- Lightweight, stable, waterproof.
- Condensation problem.
- Chinese Instructions.
We a did an in-depth research for us to come up with this list of the best budget 4 season tents. I hope you will find our guide very useful during your selection for the best budget 4 season tent.